An Equal Housing Opportunity.
Children Under the Age of Thirteen (13)
The Services are not intended for anyone under thirteen (13) years of age. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of thirteen (13), do not use or provide any information through the Services. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under that age of thirteen (13) without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal and email address, telephone and fax number, or any other information collected by us in connection with your use of the Services that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, including aggregated consumer information and other de-identified information that is not Personal Information; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment and software you use to access the Websites, geolocation information, and usage details.
We collect this information:
(i) directly from you when you provide it to us;
(ii) automatically as you navigate the Websites, which automatically-collected information may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
(iii) from third parties.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or in connection with your use of the Services may include:
- information that you provide when (i) filling in forms or posting material; (ii) requesting or using our services; (iii) participating in contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions sponsored by us; and (iv) reporting problems;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- your search queries on the Websites.
You also may provide information by publishing or displaying it on public areas (hereinafter, “Post”) of the Social Media Pages or Authorized Links, or by transmitting it to other users of the Social Media Pages, Authorized Links, or third parties. All comments, content and materials you Post or transmit on or through the Social Media Pages or Authorized Links and/or that you provide to us or our affiliates through other means, such as electronic communications, are collectively referred to herein as “User Contributions”. Your User Contributions are Posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Websites or Social Media Pages with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
When you provide us with information, you agree to provide accurate, complete and true information. You agree to not use a false or misleading name that you are not authorized to use.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Websites and Social Media Pages, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, which may include:
- details of your visits to the Websites and Social Media Pages, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites and/or and Social Media Pages; and
- information about your computer equipment, software and/or internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
If you receive our email marketing material, we may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, and we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Websites and/or Social Media Pages and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your individual interests;
- speed up your navigation; and
- recognize you when you return to the Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Websites and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear GIFs, pixel tags, and single-pixel GIFs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics, such as recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. These third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- to present the Websites and their contents to you;
- to provide you or anyone you have selected with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to administer, contact you about, or contact anyone you have selected about contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions sponsored by us for which you choose to participate;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about the Company, the Websites, or any products or services we offer or provide;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may use third party data analytics services to help us improve our services.
These may include Google Analytics, which helps us understand how you use our Services. Google Analytics collects data about your traffic via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, as well as data collected through standard Google Analytics implementation. We strive to adhere to Google Analytics Advertising policies.
We will not facilitate the merger of personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google Advertising product or feature.
We reserve the right to test, turn-on, or turn-off any of the Google Analytics features from time-to-time without notice to you. By utilizing certain Google Analytics Advertising features, we are required to disclose the following information:
The Services may employ all Google Analytics Advertising features, including: Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, and Integrated Services.
The Company and other third-party vendors may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together. Users of the Services can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features used, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out).
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we collected it and in accordance with applicable law and legitimate business interests.
When assessing the data retention period, we take into account the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the information, the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Disclosure of Your Information
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our Service users is among the assets transferred;
- to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
If you do not want us to disclose your information to third parties to market their products or services to you, please contact us as outlined below in the Contact Information section. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may contact us as outlined below in the Contact Information section to request access to, correct or delete any information that you have provided to us. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as outlined below in the Contact Information section. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request.
In addition, an operator of a commercial website subject to California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 must allow California residents under age 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted. If this applies to you and you wish to make such a request, please contact us as outlined below in the Contact Information section. Your request should include a detailed description of the specific content or information to be removed. Please be aware that your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request.
“Do Not Track” Disclosures
European Data Subjects
The European Union (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) provides certain regulations for the processing of personal data of users who are located within the EU. The GDPR applies when an entity offers goods or services to a person located within the EU or monitors the behavior of a person if the behavior takes place in the EU.
In the event that we offer Services subject to the GDPR, we will comply with the requests of European data subject requests to: (1) access Personal Information, (2) have inaccurate or unnecessary Personal Information rectified or deleted, or (3) stop using your Personal Information in a certain way. If your use of our Services or Website is subject to GDPR you would also have a right to lodge a complaint with your local EU regulator.
We have implemented measures on the Websites that are designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Webpages, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Social Media Pages or Authorized Links. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
Palmetto Bluff Company
19 Village Park Square
Bluffton, SC 29910
Telephone: (843) 706-6400
Last revised: 5/7/2021
curious about life at the bluff?