Written by Palmetto Bluff
Jun 17, 2020
The Montage Pastry Team takes a classic cookie and amplifies it with a sip of a Southern spirit, chunks of dark chocolate, and an unexpected topping. The perfect hybrid of sweet and salty, these chewy chocolate chip cookies include rich bourbon for a soft texture and flaky sea salt for flavor.
• 1 1/2 Cups Dark Chocolate Wafers
• 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
• 1/2 Cup Rye Flour
• 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
• 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
• 3/4 Cup (1 1/2 sticks) plus 1 Tbsp
Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
• 3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
• 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
• 1 Large Egg
• 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Paste
• 1 tsp Bourbon
• 1 Vanilla Bean, split lengthwise
• 1 tsp Flaky Sea Salt
1. Pulse 3/4 cup of the chocolate wafers in a food processor until pea-size pieces form.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk all-purpose flour, rye flour, kosher salt and baking soda.
3. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium speed, scraping down the sides as needed, until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add egg, vanilla, and bourbon and beat until fully incorporated, about 1 minute. Reduce speed to low and slowly add dry ingredients, mixing just to blend. Fold in chopped chocolate and remaining chocolate wafers.
5. Form the cookie balls and place them evenly spaced apart on a baking tray and bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes (Make sure that your oven has been pre-heated.)
Yields 16 cookies.
Behind the Design with Jason Kimes & Leighann Markalunas In the heart of the Lowcountry, where the gentle sway of Spanish moss-laden trees meets the tranquil embrace of the coast, lies a unique community: Palmetto Bluff. Their approach to home design capt...
Your Pine-ness Cocktail Recipe Before delving into the ingredients and recipe for Buffalos’ delectable Ricotta Meatballs and Sauce, it is imperative that the chef has an excellent cocktail for cooking. Pairing the sweetness of pineapple with the woody flavo...
Coastal Palmetto Bluff Neighborhoods Palmetto Bluff, a private community nestled along the South Carolina coastline, presents a harmonious blend of luxurious living, recreational spaces, and a vibrant atmosphere. The meticulously designed Palmetto Bluff neigh...
Meet Captain Tom of Palmetto Bluff’s Wilson Landing In the tranquil embrace of Bluffton's Lowcountry, where rivers wind their way through nature's masterpiece, an extraordinary tale unfolds at Wilson Landing of Palmetto Bluff. The story belongs to Captain Th...
Your Guide to a Luxury Kitchen Design The kitchen has long been the heart of the home, where cherished memories are cooked up and shared. When it comes to Lowcountry living, a well-designed kitchen is not just a place to prepare meals but a space that encapsu...
10 Activities You Have to Cross Off Your Summer Bucket List While the days are long and the sun hangs high in the sky, summer offers a golden opportunity to create lasting memories and partake in a variety of thrilling activities. Before the cooler breeze of ...
Palmetto Bluff is an ecological wonderland, with its maritime forest and tidal rivers, its salt marsh and abundant wildlife. But perhaps one of the most unique features of this wedge of Lowcountry is the impressive inland waterway that wends through the landsc...
Plein Air Painting and Our August Artist in Residence Palmetto Bluff is a paradise for art enthusiasts and nature lovers alike with its breathtaking landscapes, diverse ecosystems, and serene atmosphere. With that being said, the Bluff is the perfect canvas f...
5 Health Benefits of Coastal Living Did you know that life by the coast is not only the most idyllic way to live, but it also improves your health? All in all, coastal living is a rejuvenating experience for the mind, body, and soul. From the cool, salty bree...
Discover the Charm of the South Carolina Lowcountry Where history and nature intertwine with effortless grace, the South Carolina Lowcountry is a region that allures visitors and residents alike with its timeless beauty, enchanting landscapes, and diverse cul...