Interactive Trail Map
All residential neighborhoods, the Inn, the Golf Club, the Canoe Club, Lawn & Racquet Club, conservation areas and nature preserves are linked through a series of historic roads, paths and an innovative network of trails. This intricate trail system allows residents and guests to reach their destinations by bicycle, foot, horseback, golf cart or automobile. To truly experience Palmetto Bluff, you must explore the outdoors, either on a guided tour or on your own.
Download the Trail Map
To make your excursions more pleasurable, please observe the following guidelines:
- Wear layered, light colored clothing to cover arms and legs. (Helps to protect from the sun and unwanted insects like mosquitoes and no–see–ums.)
- Wear comfortable, solid footwear.
- Wear sunglasses and a hat.
- Bring water (sometimes even 2 bottles), waterproof sunscreen and bug spray.
- Binoculars and a camera may be useful.
- If you pack it in, then pack it out. Please properly dispose of any trash.
- Please respect the wildlife, especially alligators and snakes as they may be dangerous if provoked. Please do not feed or approach any wildlife.
- Stay on the designated trail paths. If you leave the trail you may harm critical habitat unintentionally.
- Please do not cross into restricted areas. Resist the temptation to explore “just a little bit further.” Restricted areas are posted as such for your safety. Beyond those points there are no call boxes and there may be management practices underway, such as hunting, prescribed burning or timber thinning.