Clinics & Leagues
Junior tennis programs
Palmetto Bluff believes that great programs include kids. We offer a range of programs for ages 4-18, and anticipate the need to modify our programs based on a particular group or an individual’s needs.
QuickStart Tennis, also known as “10 and Under Tennis,” is a competitive play format that features modified equipment and courts, allowing kids to rally and play the game of tennis earlier than the expected advanced lesson training. With shorter and narrower courts, lower nets and lower compression balls, kids build the confidence and ability to cover the entire court. Now, children 10 and under can compete and play, moving their way through a progressive court system until they reach the traditional court size where tournament ages 12 and up play and compete.
In this stage of a junior’s development, we narrow in on the more serious-minded tennis athlete. In keeping with this group of disciplined player’s strive for significant improvement – and not without laughs and fun – high performance tennis is the priority. We will continue to focus on the whole player by advancing:
- Technical development and sound technique; Good footwork and conditioning
- Court consciousness in doubles and singles; Point set up; Shot making and closing
- Consistency; Patterns of advanced play; Match philosophy
- Honesty; Sportsmanship; Character
- Video analysis available upon request